Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Irony


So I was driving downtown last week on my way to jury duty, when a parked car caught my eye. It stood out because it had the word "PSYCHIC" painted on the side in giant letters. 

I started to think about the irony of trusting the predictions of some stranger who claimed to know your future, while ignoring a Creator who really does know everything about you- and loves you anyway. 

Then I started getting irked at the audacity of the psychic/scammer who takes people's cash and feeds them hooey.  

Then I noticed that the car also had a giant dent in it.

At that point, all I could think was, "I guess you didn't see that one coming." 

9 comments:

Beth said...

No fair, Jeff. I already read this on your blog. No cheating.

But maybe the psychic is also masochistic and WANTED a dent in their car...

katdish said...

Jeff -

What did I tell you about using potty words like "hooey"? You're a pastor for goodness sake! Clean it up!

P. S. - It's not worth 500 large, but I really want one of those pants necklaces!

Candy said...

Jeff - audacity isn't a very nice word either.

@katdish - cheapskate!!!

Jeff said...

Beth- Sorry, I wasn't aware there was a "do not re-post" rule. I will certainly be more responsible in the future.

Kathy- I'm sorry pot, are you calling the kettle black?

Candace- True, but I'm really not very nice, so it fits. Katdish often refers to me as the "Simon Cowell" of pastors... :)

Ryan B said...

That's a good story. Glad you shared it.

Helen said...

Jeff, I don't think there is such a rule. I think they are giving you a hard time..The only rule is there are no rules.....I don't know who said it....I searched youtube...couldn't find it......maybe I need to hire a psychic....
Just kidding. I was thinking about posting on paranormal tomorrow myself. Is that okay, since you already did?

Beth said...

Yeah, I was totally kidding. I was just a tad disappointed because I always like what Jeff has to say. :) Not trying to bully anybody, pastors or not!

My new motto: "Always blog responsibly. But comments are a free-for-all."

Helen said...

I know that Beth. I am trying to get on Jeff's good side so he won't mine my piggybacking on his post tomorrow....More flies with honey and all....Just kidding Jeff....I am so not doing that.......No, really.....

Anonymous said...

It is getting harder and harder to blame Sherri for your typos, Helen.