So, everyone who is anyone on Facebook has tagged me for this '25 Things About Myself' dingjabby thing and I've resisted until now. This year is my 20th reunion and I don't want to freak everyone out who will see me there with my answers (especially those who converse with my ex), so I'm going to post it here. Besides, this is an 'outta there' bunch lead by Katdish herself, so this will probably be as normal as taking your lemming for a walk along the great cliffs of Dover or something like that.
1. 86° is the perfect temperature. All year long. (and we have NO humidity in Bend.)
2. I amuse myself. Sometimes.
3. The best place I've ever lived was 17 Johsnson St, Big Horn, WY (pop 217). It was on the corner and across the street to the west was a Texas Longhorn ranch and across the street to the south was the Last Chance Tavern with a drive. up. window.
4. Best thing about Big Horn, we could snowmobile down the street to the market for hot chocolate and homemade donuts. And the pheasants, wild turkeys and deer in our yard.
5. Jon probably thinks I'm crazy.
6. I sang my first solo in the Nazarene church at the age of 5. It was Stand Up For Jesus.
7. My grandmother bought me a piano (that I still have) at the age of 5.
8. I was the chubby kid growing up.
9. I raise co-dependant animals, so I've been told. (Not on purpose)
10. I act tough but I cry at anything. Seriously. Music in church...crybaby.
11. I coach volleyball because I dig developing relationships with the kids in high school.
12. I didn't go to college until I was 30. Straight A's. (Not sure what was so tough about high school.)
13. I was going to get a tattoo when I got divorced. My daughter is still trying to get me to get one..with her..when she turns 18.
14. I've had too many last names.
15. I drove a truck nicknamed the 'green weenie' in high school.
16. There are over 300 homeless kids in our school district and that greatly distresses me.
17. I have lost a lot of my humor since the election.
18. Vodka is devil's water. Never. Drink. It. (speaking from experience)
19. I was a nanny for very wealthy people in the DC area after high school.
20. If you tell me I can't do something I'll prove you wrong.
21. I am saddened by how my divorce and 2nd marriage have affected my kids.
22. The tough girl in me comes from enduring years of being made fun of, so I'm over-protective of the underdog to a fault now.
23. I love sitting around with my kids and laughing about silly stuff.
24. Growing up there were 5 in my family and when we get together it is the best time ever.
25. Despite 'stuff', God has blessed me beyond measure and I'm thankful for His grace.
Settling for Help, Longing for Change
2 days ago