Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Wisdom (and Wit) of King Solomon...

Okay, I have often said my mom loves Bob to pieces, but I don't mean that literally!!! Here is a joke that I saw on Happy Catholic today. Enjoy.






Two women came before wise King Solomon, dragging between them a young man in a three-piece suit.

“This young lawyer agreed to marry my daughter,” said the first woman.

“No! He agreed to marry MY daughter,” said the other. And so they haggled before the King until he called for silence.

“Bring me my biggest sword,” said Solomon, “and I shall cut the young attorney in half. Each of your daughters shall receive a half.”

“Sounds good to me,” said the first woman.

But the other woman said, “Oh Sire, do not spill innocent blood. Let her daughter marry him.”

The wise king did not hesitate a moment. “The attorney must marry the first lady’s daughter,” he proclaimed.

“But she was willing to cut him in two!” exclaimed second woman.

“Indeed,” said wise King Solomon. “That shows she is the TRUE mother-in-law."


I suppose tomorrow I shall be grateful that my mom and my husband get along so well....

11 comments:

Helen said...

I have nothing to add for now. I just want to see to it that fellow fottspers saw in their inbox that we have a new post...

katdish said...

You should definitely be grateful for that.

Nice. I was anticipating a lawyer joke but got a MIL joke instead. I like the element of surprise.

Wendy said...

Good stuff. Who else can we cut in half?

Nick the Geek said...

At least my MIL hasn't tried cutting me in half.

Helen said...

NtG,
Yet.....

katdish said...

Dang, Helen. You beat me to it.

Helen said...

Katdish,
Great minds thinking alike and all that...

Besides. When I read this joke in the first place, I thought of Nick and his MIL...

Marni said...

Let's not give NtG's MIL any ideas...

This was a good one Helen. I heart a good MIL joke. Here's my fave:

What do you do if you miss your mother in law? Reload.

HAHAHAHAHA. Just kidding. No, really.

Helen said...

Marni,
that one is funny!!

NtG,
Are you paying attention? Marni has some MIL help for you....

Shark Bait said...

Lawyer jokes.
Hmph!!

Helen said...

No Sharkie, Mother In Law jokes. You need to read the whole post!