Saturday, February 21, 2009

An oldie but a goodie.

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"


5 comments:

Annie K said...

Touche!

Hey, I'm starting an 'Oregon is Ridiculous' post and I'll be doing it each Saturday. I want to share all things ridiculous about my state with all my buds - and I wanted to shamelessly promote it here.

Sherri Murphy said...

Loved this one!

Sherri Murphy said...

Be sure to throwdown your best comment at
Silly Saturday Photo Caption Contest back at my place.

Come on Nick, you almost won last week!

*The time out chair is prominently displayed to detour any "cross the border" comments.
And if you DIS me in a comment, THE STINK eye will penetrate your soul!

♥ Kathy said...

That was too great :)

Anonymous said...

That was funny. I loved it!