Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If you can't make 'em laugh....

Hi, my name's Peter and this is my first foray into collabarative blog writing.

Katdish invited me to contribute to this blog and I have been desperately trying to come up with a worthy contribution but have been utterly failing... here's my problem:

The posters on this marvelous blog are witty and clever and I used to be just like them. There was a time when people hung on my every word - every sound that came out of my mouth was sure to make people smile, laugh and in all other ways react with joy and happiness.

Then came that fateful day when it all stopped. Somehow I lost my sense of humor. People no longer found me funny, no matter what I said I couldn't get more than a brief smile from anyone. I had fallen from my pedestal as one of the world's greatest comedians, never to rise again.

I don't remember the exact day that this happened but it was some time around my second birthday. Things have not been the same since.

Learning to actually talk is highly overrated, in my opinion.

So what place do I have amongst the comic geniuses here on FotTSP?

None.

Or so I thought!

Today though, I have come up with a genius plan for a worthy post:

If you can't make 'em laugh... feed 'em!

I may not be as witty and clever as Katdish and the other contributors to this blog but I can tell you that today, Tuesday February 24th 2009, IHOP are giving away a free short-stack of pancakes to every customer. See here for details.

I ask you: which would you rather have, a witty and creative blog post or 3 freshly cooked IHOP pancakes?

No contest really!

7 comments:

katdish said...

Welcome Peter! Just to tell you, we find fart humor extremely engaging...

(Well, some of us do, anyway.)

Helen said...

Welcome, Peter. I am glad you took Katdish up on her invitation!
Peter, the sad things that some of us are funny in that Will Rogers sort of way. You know, we are actually at our funniest when we are serious.
;-) I love pancakes. Too bad I already had breakfast and lunch. Oh well, can't win them all.

Candy said...

Welcome, Peter! Doea the "P" stand for "Pan" because if it does, there's a girl named Wendy who commented earlier that you just might know.

My name is Candy, and I'm a soup freak. Very nice to meet you. I just had some 15 bean soup and am not hungry for pancakes now. Never even been to an IHOP. Great idea,though!

katdish said...

Candy - "Doea the P stand for Pan?" Are you sure you didn't buy some new tea bags from a street vendor?

P. S. - I just read a quote that reminded me of Big Al: "I haven't spoken to my wife in years...I didn't want to interrupt her." (It's funny cuz it's true.)

And speaking of, where be Mare and Annie? Those chicks need to get their priorities straight!

I'll chat with ya'll tomorrow afernoon from HOTLANTA! (Jealous, much?)

Sherri Murphy said...

Peter, welcome aboard! I tried to leave a comment this morning when I was home, but that DANG VERI WORD THINGY was crippled up forever! Now I know what the wheelchair is for!

Anyway, this was very clever- you had me going there for a minute. And, don't believe everything katdish says about me. I'm delightful and full of typos!

I also can throw a mean "stink eye" your way and can put you in time out for like an eternity -so be kind- I'm short but very powerful!

Beth said...

Hi Peter! Welcome to the insanity. :)
A welcome a day late...but I think it should be worth more because I DID go to IHOP yesterday on Pancake Day! AND we ran into a guy we know from our local International House of Prayer (the other IHOP). It was the most ironic and funny thing....

Nick the Geek said...

I should have gone, I found out today that our IHOP is closing down. :(