Since we seem to be bombarded by bad news on a daily basis(natural disasters, bankruptcies and foreclosures, crime, politics, national debt, etc.) it's easy to become a Debbie Downer or Negative Ned because of this. So, I thought now would be a perfect time to come up with a list of things I think are cool. I could easily think of a hundred things, but I am going to just do my top 37, and I chose the number 37 because that happens to be my favorite number this year (yes, Katdish I'm THAT young). This list isn't necessarily in order of importance except for #1. #1 IS actually #1 on my list, as well as #2, then #3 & #4, always. But really, the rest are in no particular order.
1. God loves me, he's always there no matter what and he never holds my crummy actions or junk against me and he is bigger than any mountiain I face. That is awesomely cool.
2. Jon is the love of my life and I really dig him.
3. My daughter is funny, sweet, big-hearted, ridiculous, stubborn, sassy, beautiful and we have a lot of fun together.
4. My son is a hunter and fisherman, a gentleman, kind-hearted, extremely smart and he has a great laugh that makes me giggle.
5. My parents rock. Seriously, I am a lucky girl to have the parents I do.
6. Scott's BBQ'd teriyaki tri-tip. He is the King of that!
7. Tulum, Mexico. I am sure that God has a favorite vacation spot and this is it.
8. My house on the river and in the woods. I don't have one yet, but one-day Jon is going to buy one for me.
9. Indian summer days.
10. When me, my parents and my two brothers are all together. We can laugh for hours.
11. Chips and salsa. These are even better when eaten in Mexico.
12. A cold Pacifico with lime on a hot summer day.
13. A 61' Impala in cortez silver and black - and if God had a favorite car I'm sure this would be it.
14. Jon's laugh.
15. Walking Bozley on the river trail. He is the coolest most dorkiest dog ever.
16. Riding on the motorcycle.
17. Seeing Jon's face when he realized he was the proud owner of a 69' Camaro.
18. Rocky road ice cream with real marshmallows.
19. Friends that I've know my whole life and my new blog buds.
20. A good cry.
21. Coaching volleyball (Go Bears!).
22. People with big hearts and enormous amounts of humility.
23. My nieces and nephews, especially Eli in his Spidy costume.
25. Coffee first thing in the morning.
26. Eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy from Pilot Butte Drive-Inn.
27. Sunrises and sunsets.
29. A good book.
30. Gardening AFTER the last frost in June.
32. The sun.
33. Hiking in the woods.
34. Mountain biking on Phil's trail.
35. Cocktails with the girls.
36. Dinner with friends.
Yep, good stuff.
Settling for Help, Longing for Change
2 days ago