Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Couch.


Reading comments on Katdish's blog require me to respond, but I felt that this blog is the best place to post my response. For details on what I'm referring to check out her post, I may not be your Facebook Friend Anymore

I just wanted to say that I'm glad to see people hoping that I'm right. Now lets just move to the next logical step and say that I'm right. This is the best solution most of the time.

I've tried telling my wife over and over that if she just starts with this then we could avoid so many arguments.

Of course some of you might be thinking that you would like to give a snarky reply to the obvious truth, but my wife certainly has the most powerful motivator when it comes to the snarky reply, "there isn't enough room in this bed for you me and your ego so enjoy the couch." This hasn't deterred me. We have a nice big comfy couch that seems plenty big enough for me and my ego. Plus, you may bot know this but when you ego becomes large enough it can seem almost physical.

Big egos are like nice down pillows.

Editor's note the image is not mine but it is listed under Creative Commons License at Flickr.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

Editor's additional note. I listened to this and didn't find any objectionable content. Honestly I only heard a small amount of vocals at all and couldn't pick out one bad thing. If I totally missed it I'm sorry.

10 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

Is totally lost...sits on the couch and waits for katdish or Sherri to show up and explain it to me...

Helen said...

Kathy, people are agreeing with Nick at Katdish's site that Facebook probably can't enforce their new "everything you put on your site including links are now ours forever and ever even if you delete in, nah nah nah nah nah nah" clause. Now Nick is saying we should always agree with him, because he is always right. His wife is like "yeah, right, get away from me until you learn some manners" and he is like "whatever.....".
Now you get what he is saying?

Nick the Geek said...

Helen is quick on the uptake. I'll have to watch out for her. She will see right through my schemes and land me in the timeout chair if I'm not careful.

Mostly I was looking for a reason to post that rendition of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly theme song though.

Stephanie Wetzel said...

Hey yeah! I've been waiting for someone to be rotten so they could bump me (bum...p me. Get it?) out of the time out chair!

Nick's being baaaaaad! He deserves time out!

Candy said...

Nick, you look really cute in that chair. And the chair doesn't make your ego look fat, either, ya know, like the couch probably does.

Phil Hoover said...

You are hilarious...I bet your ego is also.

katdish said...

I think you need a bigger couch.

And let me just say, in a shining ADD moment, that sectional type couches with the ottoman peninsula at the end just drive me nuts. Why? I'll tell you why. Because I like to rearrange the furniture -- a LOT. I used to have this ginormous sectional monster. Since I like to mix it up every couple of months, I would get so frustrated because there was only so many ways to arrange that thing. I even went so far as to break it up into a reasonable facsimile of a couch and loveseat. But then I had this funky trivial pursuit pie piece looking chair. Akward. I haven't been on the computer all day. Can you tell? And now I have praise team practice in like 5 minutes, so I'm pretty much done for the night. I guess what I'm trying to tell everyone is that I worked all day, will be working most of tomorrow, and therefore will not be on my regular Wednesday computer fast. Sunday still stands, but the other day is gonna be a floater, cuz I'm flexible like that.

Nick the Geek said...

my real sofa looks like that but without the ottoman. It is a queen size pull out. We have a matching love seat.

Candy said...

Breathe, katdish, breathe...
In...out...In...

Can't remember what comes next. I'll get back to you on that one.

Savvy-Motherhood said...

I could get lost in that sofa!