Monday, February 2, 2009

Cheesy But Not Velveeta

So I had to go watch this today. And yes, I really do like this video but I still have to make fun of it, too.

1. When are jackets with the sleeves rolled up coming back? Those are hot.

2. Someday I think we should name our band Mrs. Misses.

3. There is some incredible "Guy in an 80's Band Hair" going on here!

4. Watch for the worship....hawk? Wikipedia says it's an eagle, but I'm not convinced.

5. And yes, I do remember when this song was popular.

9 comments:

katdish said...

Is it lame or awesome that I knew what that song was before I read the post or played the video?

Let's just go with "lawsome".

Annie K said...

Where are they now?

Candy said...

Singing and driving is the 80's version of texting and driving, so by default this video should be against the law.

And that dude stole my car.

Beth said...

Here Annie, just for you:

"Page issued his solo debut, Shelter Me, in 1996; he eventually moved into Disney musicals, among other vocal gigs. Lang formed the post-grunge band Djinn, which released Radio Beirut in 1995. George served as Kenny Loggins' music director from 1991-1997, and subsequently toured with Jewel. Farris toured with Whitesnake in 1997, and recorded with Tori Amos 4 Non Blondes, and others."

Now you can sleep.

Sherri Murphy said...

Did someone say Velveeta?

Annie K said...

Rock on!

Stephanie Wetzel said...

I had to watch the video on mute cuz I didn't want my girls to hear it.

And not only did I know which band and song was in the video, I was able to lip sync with the song - on mute.

Thank you for that blast from the past.

And I totally want to start a band called Mister Miss. Or maybe Mrs. Mister. I'm flexible.

Beth said...

I'll see if I can find a good Kyrie video...now that we all are Mr. Mister nostalgic.

Beth said...

Hehe. Mrs. Mister sound like cross-dressers.

And I found it!
Kyrie